Building Without Borders
1. Where does donated money go?
Our goal is to connect donors to families in need so with that in mind, the founders of Building Without Borders personally cover the overhead expenses of the organization. This means 100% of your donation goes directly to building homes.
2. How does the family get selected?
We keep in constant contact with communities through church leaders and in-region charities to understand and identify the family with the greatest need.
3. How much does the house cost?
A modest home in the villages consists of 3 bedrooms and 1 living space. The average cost is $6500, with a cost of additional $600 to put mattressess in the home.
4. Who builds the home?
The cost of the home includes payment to our technical contractors that live in the comunity to oversee the project and the rest of the labor is voluntary from family, friends, and short-term mission groups.
These short term mission groups are volunteers that go from the US to help build the home. A typical trip is about 5 days long. Contact us for more information if you are interested in being part of the building onsite!
5. How long does it take to build the homes?
Average overall time is 3-5 weeks and this is accomplished in a few stages:
- If land needs to be leveled, it takes about 2 weeks to dig and level the land.
(The people from the local village will do this initial stage)
- Next steps are the cement blocks which takes 7 days to pour and set
- Last stage is finishing the wood siding, roof, windows, and doors
6. Would my donation be tax deductible?
Yes, we have filed with the IRS as a non-profit and our non-profit status has been granted.
Any other questions, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.